There have been so many items used, that you could be forgiven for thinking that an effective slasher could kill with any house-hold item. But the weapon is all part of the scary persona of the psycho killer, they need a unique handle, they don't do clumsy, they are professionals. A well used weapon can bring fear, and it doesn't need to be elaborate device of torture like a bear trap helmet in SAW.
Here are our top 5 Weapons of choice:
1. Jason Voorhess Machete - The Camp Crystal Lake Machete is basically a big knife, used for cutting down trees in the rainforest, Jason used this for some of his own flesh pruning. Iconic blood stains makes this collectable a great addition for any horror fan.
2. Freddy Kruegar Glove - Freddy has knifes for finger, his glove used to great affect in each of the Nightmar on Elm street films. Scraping his rusty claws down a blackboard, stings fear into his victims and they are great for riping holes in flesh!
3. Jason Kitchen Knife - A Kitchen Knife used as a weapon by a child, a child who was born evil and never returned from his killing ways. Michael Myers is the no nonsense slashed, with pure evil in his soul.
4. Leather-face Chainsaw - A cumbersome and messy tool, but wearing an apron keeps you dry from all that blood and gore. This weapon can be heard from metres away, no element of surprise needed.
5. Scythe - The iconic curved blade is great for decapitation, conjures up images of the Grim Reaper himself. The blade has featured prominently in many horror films, easy to hand at any American Ranch with unsuspecting victims.
Which is your favourite?